The sun is shining and street cafes are waiting – an ideal time to visit a lesser known neighbourhood and to find out more about it.
The Munich Greeters invite to a public city walk through Giesing, where Greeter Kristina will help us to explore unfamiliar corners.
Some of the highlights:
– church “Heilig Kreuz” (a permanent construction site)
– Feldmüllersiedlung: the first housing estate for the lower classes
– Franz Beckenbauer’s birth place
– journey back in time: buildings from the 20s
– Halle 2 – bargains from Munich’s recycling centres
The city walk will end in a nice cafe or beer garden. Whoever wants to, is free to join us to find out more about how the Greeter system works or how to become a Greeter.
When: Sunday, 29th July, 2:00pm
Meeting point: Silberhornstr, Tegernseer Platz at the entrance to the “Deutsche Post” building
Please note: The public city walk will be in German. Please let us know if you do not speak German, but would be interested in participating anyway – we will then try to fin somebody to translate the most important information for you.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!